- RSS Channel Showcase 7486483
- RSS Channel Showcase 4840681
- RSS Channel Showcase 9946166
- RSS Channel Showcase 2185769
Articles on this Page
- 11/30/11--06:00: _STEM Hero: Looking ...
- 12/01/11--00:00: _Microsoft Research:...
- 12/01/11--08:20: _On World AIDS Day, ...
- 12/01/11--16:26: _A Spam Filter for H...
- 12/02/11--08:57: _Book Review: The Fu...
- 12/05/11--11:00: _Jim Gray eScience A...
- 12/07/11--09:00: _RFP on Using Techno...
- 12/08/11--14:27: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 12/09/11--14:37: _Kent Students Learn...
- 12/12/11--09:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 12/12/11--11:00: _Alexander Szalay Wi...
- 12/14/11--11:00: _Computer Scientist ...
- 12/15/11--08:59: _Microsoft Opening ‘...
- 12/15/11--09:00: _So.cl Gives Student...
- 12/15/11--09:00: _Facebook’s Age Limi...
- 12/15/11--13:00: _YOW! 2011: Simon Pe...
- 12/16/11--09:20: _No CS Student Left ...
- 12/19/11--11:35: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 12/20/11--12:20: _A Fresh Perspective...
- 12/26/11--09:01: _Microsoft Research ...
- 12/01/11--08:20: On World AIDS Day, HIV Research Provides a Ray of Hope
- 12/01/11--16:26: A Spam Filter for HIV Is in the Works
- 12/02/11--08:57: Book Review: The Future of Looking Back
- 12/05/11--11:00: Jim Gray eScience Award Winners Announced
- 12/07/11--09:00: RFP on Using Technology to Combat Human Trafficking
- 12/08/11--14:27: Inside Microsoft Research: Presenting Our New ACM Fellows
- 12/09/11--14:37: Kent Students Learn About Microsoft Careers
- 12/12/11--11:00: Alexander Szalay Wins Microsoft’s Jim Gray eScience Award
- 12/14/11--11:00: Computer Scientist Martín Abadi Elected 2011 AAAS Fellow
- 12/15/11--09:00: So.cl Gives Students a New Way to Learn
- 12/15/11--09:00: Facebook’s Age Limits Pose a Puzzle for Parents
- 12/15/11--13:00: YOW! 2011: Simon Peyton-Jones - Closer to Nirvana
- 12/16/11--09:20: No CS Student Left Behind
- 12/19/11--11:35: Inside Microsoft Research: India’s Cutrell Takes U.N. Assignment
- 12/20/11--12:20: A Fresh Perspective on Internet Security
- 12/26/11--09:01: Microsoft Research Asia: Year in Review
Curtis Wong of Microsoft Research discusses the WorldWide Telescope and Project Tuva, two efforts to make science, technology, engineering, and math more inviting to students.
Microsoft Research is applying high-powered computation to help advance the effort to find a vaccine for HIV.
David Heckerman of Microsoft Research discusses his contributiions to the Ragon Institue's efforts to quantify how the immune system attacks various fragments of HIV--which could, one day, lead to a vaccine or even a cure for AIDS.
Could email spam and HIV possibly have anything in common? According to Microsoft researcher David Heckerman, the answer is yes.
In his book "The Future of Looking Back," Richard Banks of Microsoft Research Cambridge explores questions of stuff and sentiment, reminiscences and remembering, legacies and memory in our digital age.
Mark Abbott of Oregon State University was named winner of the 2011 Jim Gray Award, presented by Tony Hey, head of Microsoft Research Connections, in Stockholm on Dec. 5 during the eScience in Action Workshop.
Microsoft Research Connections is partnering with danah boyd of Microsoft Research New England and the Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit to investigate the implications of technology in human trafficking of minors.
Six individuals from Microsoft Research have been named Fellows of the Association for Computing Machinery.
Students at Kent-Meridian High School and Mill Creek Middle School in Washington state learned about the relationship between their studies of science, technology, engineering, and math and work Microsoft researchers are conducting.
Stephen Emmott and Lucas Joppa of the Computational Science group at Microsoft Research Cambridge will participate in the Eye on Earth Summit, a Dec. 12-15 event in Abu Dhabi organized to ensure effective global access to environmental data.
Johns Hopkins astrophysicist and computer scientist Alexander Szalay has been recognized by the Microsoft Corp. with a Jim Gray eScience Award.
Martín Abadi, professor of computer science at UC Santa Cruz and a principal researcher at Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, has been named a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Microsoft Research has unveiled its “So.cl” network, explaining what it is — and what it isn’t — and expanding the private beta of the service to more students and academics.
An experimental research project from Microsoft Research’s FUSE Labs asks students to rethink learning by combining social networking and search.
A Microsoft Research New England study has found that parents often help their under-age children sign up for Facebook.
Simon Peyton-Jones, principal researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge, discusses his contributions to the Haskell functional programming language.
Microsoft Research Connections has partnered with the Kent (Wash.) School District to provide ongoing support for students and teachers at the district’s tech academies.
Ed Cutrell of Microsoft Research India is eager to get started with his new role as a member of the advisory board of the International Institute for Software Technology at United Nations University
Microsoft Research Redmond’s Cormac Herley has caused a stir with a provocative take on what really keeps web users safe. (Hint: It isn’t a strong password.)
Hsiao-Wuen Hon, managing director of Microsoft Research Asia, reflects back on an active, successful 2011.