Articles on this Page
- 05/28/13--08:00: _What’s Next Health:...
- 05/28/13--10:00: _Microsoft’s GeoFlow...
- 05/28/13--11:30: _Fighting Nuclear Pr...
- 06/03/13--05:00: _Why Big Data Is Not...
- 06/03/13--06:00: _The Dollar Cost of ...
- 06/03/13--11:00: _Get Over IT! Social...
- 06/03/13--11:00: _Microsoft and IBM R...
- 06/04/13--10:00: _Pew Report on Teens...
- 06/05/13--11:00: _Video: Kenji Takeda...
- 06/06/13--12:28: _Translations Made E...
- 06/07/13--09:00: _Science Fairgoers t...
- 06/11/13--09:00: _Microsoft Research ...
- 06/17/13--09:00: _DNN Research Improv...
- 06/17/13--09:00: _Microsoft Revs Spee...
- 06/18/13--09:00: _New BLINK Apps Even...
- 06/18/13--09:01: _Socl Offers New Way...
- 06/18/13--10:39: _Tennenholtz Receive...
- 06/19/13--09:00: _Big-Data Analytics,...
- 06/21/13--11:06: _Microsoft Research ...
- 06/24/13--09:00: _A Computer-Vision V...
- 05/28/13--08:00: What’s Next Health: Whom Do We Trust?
- 05/28/13--10:00: Microsoft’s GeoFlow Lets Spreadsheet Jockeys Tell Stories with Maps
- 05/28/13--11:30: Fighting Nuclear Proliferation with Cryptography
- 06/03/13--05:00: Why Big Data Is Not Truth
- 06/03/13--06:00: The Dollar Cost of Annoying Display Ads
- 06/03/13--11:00: Get Over IT! Social @Work Is Smart (and Inevitable)
- 06/03/13--11:00: Microsoft and IBM Researchers Develop a Lie Detector for the Cloud
- 06/05/13--11:00: Video: Kenji Takeda at the TERENA Networking Conference
- 06/06/13--12:28: Translations Made Easy on Windows
- 06/07/13--09:00: Science Fairgoers to See 3-D Humans Digitized in Real Time
- 06/11/13--09:00: Microsoft Research Gives Promising Computer-Science Faculty a Boost
- 06/17/13--09:00: DNN Research Improves Bing Voice Search
- 06/17/13--09:00: Microsoft Revs Speedier, Smarter Speech Recognition for Phones
- 06/18/13--09:00: New BLINK Apps Even More Creative
- 06/18/13--09:01: Socl Offers New Ways to Be Creative
- 06/18/13--10:39: Tennenholtz Receives Allen Newell Award
- 06/19/13--09:00: Big-Data Analytics, from Theory to Systems
- 06/24/13--09:00: A Computer-Vision View of the World
Danah boyd, senior researcher at Microsoft Research, explores the contradictions and conundrums of living in a networked society.
Work on Microsoft Research's WorldWide Telescope has led to GeoFlow, a new geospatial visualization tool in Excel.
Boaz Barak of Microsoft Research New England is working with Princeton University professors to find a verifiable way to make sure that nuclear-delivery systems being decommissioned actually contain nuclear warheads.
The term big data connotes the certainty of truth, but there are hazards present, some human, some technological.
A paper co-written by a pair of scientists from Microsoft Research New York City attempts to assign a value to the widely observed negative effect an annoying display ad can have on a website.
Work is for work, not social media, right? Actually, says Nancy Baym of Microsoft Research New England, the premise that social media-usage inhibits productivity is a myth.
A way to check whether calculations have been tampered with could make cloud computing more reliable, and boost privacy.
danah boyd of Microsoft Research New England participates in a discussion about the findings of a Pew Research Center report about teens and social media.
Kenji Takeda of Microsoft Research Connections discusses big data and related topics during the TERENA Networking Conference, held June 3-6 in Maastricht, Netherlands.
The Bing Translator app for Windows, a free app resulting from a collaboration between Bing and Microsoft Research, enables you to translate from anywhere in the new operating system into one of more than 40 languages.
Attendees of the Science EXPO Day at Seattle Center on June 8 will be enthralled by six Microsoft Research projects, including one called Digitizing 3-D Humans in Real Time.
The 2013 Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowships continue a tradition of supporting the brightest young academics in the field of computer science to pursue their visions and make an impact.
Research by Microsoft Research scientists on deep neural networks has paid astounding dividends for users of Bing Voice Search on Windows Phone.
Using a novel method that mimics brain functions, Microsoft researchers say they've doubled the speed at which speech is recognized and results are returned. They've also improved accuracy by 15 percent.
New BLINK apps are adding fun ways to create and share photo flipbooks and combinations of still photography and video for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 devices.
Socl, a global community for people who love to exercise their creativity and share it with others, unveils a set of “create experiences” to feed that passion.
On June 15, Moshe Tennenholtz, principal researcher with Microsoft Research New England, received the Allen Newell Award, along with longtime collaborator Yoav Shoham of Stanford University.
The inaugural Big-Data Analytics workshop, hosted by Microsoft Research Cambridge on May 23-24, provided discussion about the best ways to cope with the unprecedented deluge of big data that has become available in recent years.
Microsoft Research has released a Network Speed Test app designed for Windows Phone 8 devices.
Jamie Shotton, whose work will be featured during CVPR 2013, discusses his latest project, lost robots, and other interests.