Articles on this Page
- 06/25/13--09:00: _And Now, for Your V...
- 06/27/13--09:30: _Research Contributi...
- 06/27/13--11:00: _Bringing Translatio...
- 06/28/13--09:00: _Technology Helps Pr...
- 06/28/13--12:23: _Fitzgibbon’s Resear...
- 06/30/13--10:10: _A Technology That H...
- 07/01/13--11:39: _Royal Society Shine...
- 07/01/13--12:05: _Touch to Feel the V...
- 07/02/13--09:00: _Join Us in Explorin...
- 07/08/13--11:59: _Summer in St. Peter...
- 07/09/13--07:55: _Test Your Internet ...
- 07/10/13--00:00: _Building a Strong F...
- 07/10/13--10:43: _Remedying the Searc...
- 07/11/13--08:13: _Microsoft Research ...
- 07/11/13--10:50: _Ten Billion People,...
- 07/11/13--20:35: _Video: Cracking the...
- 07/15/13--08:30: _The Future of Compu...
- 07/15/13--15:35: _Gates: The Golden A...
- 07/16/13--08:55: _Lab of Things—the N...
- 07/16/13--09:00: _A Decade of Inventi...
- 06/25/13--09:00: And Now, for Your Viewing Pleasure …
- 06/27/13--09:30: Research Contributions to Build 2013
- 06/27/13--11:00: Bringing Translations to Tweets
- 06/28/13--09:00: Technology Helps Preserve Biodiversity and Traditional Cultures
- 06/28/13--12:23: Fitzgibbon’s Research Reaps Silver Dividend
- 06/30/13--10:10: A Technology That Helps Bridge the Digital Divide
- 07/01/13--11:39: Royal Society Shines a Light on Ecological Conservation
- 07/01/13--12:05: Touch to Feel the Virtual World
- 07/02/13--09:00: Join Us in Exploring the Future of Computing—Virtually!
- 07/08/13--11:59: Summer in St. Petersburg: Art and Innovation
- 07/10/13--00:00: Building a Strong Foundation
- 07/10/13--10:43: Remedying the Search for Reliable Drug Info
- 07/11/13--08:13: Microsoft Research Gets New Leaders as Part of Overhaul
- 07/11/13--10:50: Ten Billion People, 208 Pages
- 07/11/13--20:35: Video: Cracking the Code on What Teens Post Online
- 07/15/13--08:30: The Future of Computing
- 07/15/13--15:35: Gates: The Golden Age for Computer Science Is Now
- 07/16/13--08:55: Lab of Things—the New Wave of Research-Device Platforms
- 07/16/13--09:00: A Decade of Inventive Design
The Microsoft Research Video Library app, available now from the Windows Store for Windows 8 and Windows RT devices, offers a rich, immersive experience for viewing thousands of videos on science, computer science, education, scholarly communications—and
Microsoft Research is continuing its history of interesting, useful contributions to the tools of the software developer’s trade with its presence during Build 2013, June 26-28 in San Francisco.
Twitter users now can translate tweets not written in their native language with new features, based on machine-learning advancements from Microsoft Research, in the Twitter app for Windows Phone.
With help from Microsoft Research, Microsoft Colombia has implemented a cloud-based solution that helps the indigenous people known as the Arhuaco preserve their culture and environment.
Andrew Fitzgibbon of Microsoft Research Cambridge has been awarded the Silver Medal from the Royal Academy of Engineering for contributions that have been received successfully in the marketplace.
Cellphone users in rural areas can post voice messages that can be accessed by social-media users anywhere.
Microsoft Research Cambridge, along with the Zoological Society of London and University College London, will demonstrate technologies to help monitor rapid biodiversity loss July 2-7 in London during the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition.
With help from a 2-D touchscreen and a robot arm, your finger can touch and feel inside the virtual world. TouchMover brings a new paradigm to natural user interfaces.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates will be among the speakers featured during Microsoft Research's Faculty Summit 2013, which will be streamed live on July 15.
Bill Buxton of Microsoft Research chronicles his experience in a trip to St. Petersburg, Russia, to serve as a judge for the Imagine Cup Worldwide Finals.
Microsoft Research recently released an excellent new app for testing and tracking the speed of your internet connections.
The strength of the imposing St. Isaac’s Cathedral in St. Petersburg, Russia, is being matched this week by the efforts of the hundreds of students competing in the Imagine Cup Worldwide Finals.
Dan Morris of Microsoft Research and colleagues at Columbia University have developed a prototype search system that helps people assess medication-related Internet search results.
Rick Rashid, who built and led Microsoft Research for more than two decades, will be leaving the position and joining Microsoft’s new Operating Systems Group. Peter Lee will assume Rashid's former role as head of Microsoft Research worldwide.
Ten Billion, a book written by Microsoft Research Cambridge’s Stephen Emmott that takes a look at the pressures an expanding global population is placing on the planet, is being published July 11 by Penguin Random House.
danah boyd of Microsoft Research discusses teenagers and social networking with Emily Chang on Bloomberg Television's "Bloomberg West."
On July 15, Bill Gates will address how computing contributes to improving our world as he opens the 2013 Microsoft Research Faculty Summit.
Bill Gates, Microsoft chairman, spent almost an hour answering questions from the audience during his keynote address to open Microsoft Research’s 14th annual Faculty Summit.
The Lab of Things provides the infrastructure, software, and services to help researchers pursue projects involving sensors and devices.
Teams from leading design schools “make data useful” to improve their world—and to compete in Design Expo, part of Microsoft Research’s Faculty Summit 2013.