Articles on this Page
- 07/16/13--12:00: _Indian Researcher H...
- 07/17/13--09:00: _Joint Research Cent...
- 07/15/13--17:30: _Video: Bill Gates o...
- 07/16/13--19:54: _Microsoft DemoFest ...
- 07/18/13--00:00: _The End of Digital ...
- 07/18/13--00:00: _Do You Know Where Y...
- 07/18/13--10:00: _Microsoft Has an Op...
- 07/18/13--11:09: _A Race to Save Cave...
- 07/18/13--10:00: _Collect Yourself Be...
- 07/18/13--11:04: _Summit Explores the...
- 07/19/13--08:15: _J.K. Rowling and th...
- 07/22/13--09:00: _Providing Short Vid...
- 07/22/13--09:00: _Scanning Inside the...
- 07/23/13--09:00: _Digital Hair Manipu...
- 07/30/13--09:00: _Windows 8 Travel Ap...
- 07/31/13--09:00: _Inspiring Girls Abo...
- 08/01/13--16:26: _Geek of the Week: M...
- 08/02/13--09:00: _Ph.D. Students Conv...
- 08/05/13--09:00: _Researcher Varghese...
- 08/09/13--15:13: _Math, Engineering …...
- 07/16/13--12:00: Indian Researcher Helps Prove Math Conjecture from the 1950s
- 07/17/13--09:00: Joint Research Center Reaches New Heights for Environmental Sciences
- 07/15/13--17:30: Video: Bill Gates on the Future of Technology
- 07/16/13--19:54: Microsoft DemoFest Puts Research into Motion
- 07/18/13--00:00: The End of Digital Tyranny: Why the Future of Computing Is Analog
- 07/18/13--10:00: Microsoft Has an Operating System for Your House
- 07/18/13--11:09: A Race to Save Caves Full of Treasures
- 07/18/13--10:00: Collect Yourself Before You Forget Yourself
- 07/18/13--11:04: Summit Explores the Promise of Computing
- 07/19/13--08:15: J.K. Rowling and the Chamber of Literary Fame
- 07/22/13--09:00: Providing Short Videos with Dynamic Looping—Automatically
- 07/22/13--09:00: Scanning Inside the Box at SIGGRAPH
- 07/23/13--09:00: Digital Hair Manipulation Gets Dynamic
- 07/30/13--09:00: Windows 8 Travel App Gets a Boost from Leibniz
- 07/31/13--09:00: Inspiring Girls About Computing
- 08/02/13--09:00: Ph.D. Students Convene in Cambridge for 2013 Summer School
- 08/05/13--09:00: Researcher Varghese Captures IEEE Kobayashi Award
- 08/09/13--15:13: Math, Engineering … and a Touch of Humor
Nikhil Srivastava of Microsoft Research India is among the researchers who recently provided the first proof of the Kadison-Singer conjecture, first offered in 1959.
The Microsoft Research-FAPESP Institute for IT Research has announced two winning proposals in its recent search for research to address environmental concerns.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates spoke about the future of technology on Jun 15 during Microsoft Research's annual Faculty Summit.
DemoFest, part of Microsoft Research's annual Faculty Summit, offers university designers a chance to give hands-on demonstrations of their work.
Doug Burger of Microsoft Research's Extreme Computing Group envisions a future in which digital accuracy is not required.
Microsoft researchers have developed a mobility prediction system that knows where you will be, even years down the road. What does this mean for the future of business?
Microsoft aims to simplify home automation with software that connects different Internet-enabled devices.
During a conference at Microsoft's main campus on July 17, Wang Xudong, executive director of Dunhuang Academy, talked about how digitalization helped preserve Dunhuang's heritage and allows future generations to enjoy 1,000 years of art and splendor.
Gordon Bell, researcher emeritus at Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, has scanned more than a million document pages and 125,000 photos as part of his MyLiveBits research project.
Academics and researchers converged in Redmond, Wash., July 15-16 to explore the power of computing to solve real-world problems during the 14th annual Microsoft Research Faculty Summit.
Duncan Watts of Microsoft Research New York City suggests that J.K. Rowling's spectacular writing career might be simply a fluke of history.
Researchers from Microsoft Research Redmond, collaborating with a colleague from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, now can capture a spectrum of looping videos from within a video scene and enable that user to apply varying dynamic levels.
Andy Wilson’s peers know him for augmented-reality and natural-user-interface innovations that never fail to amaze. His latest collaboration, which involves terahertz scans and 3-D printing, sounds like a complete departure from previous work—at first.
A SIGGRAPH 2013 paper from Zhejiang University and Microsoft Research Asia details a new way to manipulate images or videos interactively to deliver physically plausible hair generation.
A close partnership between the Bing Application Experience group and Microsoft Research has enriched the Windows 8 Travel app.
Microsoft Research Connections provided robust support to the Girls Gather for Computer Science camp, which exposes seventh- and eighth-grade girls to the wonders of computing.
David Heckerman of Microsoft Research has applied his background as an M.D. and his work in computer science to make advances in some surprising areas.
Sixty students from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa participated in the 2013 Ph.D. Summer School, held at Microsoft Research Cambridge.
George Varghese of Microsoft Research Research recently was awarded the IEEE Koji Kobayashi Computers and Communications Award.
Mark Manasse of Microsoft Research Silicon Valley has published a book that uses a dollop of humor to help communicate his research-grounded observations.