- RSS Channel Showcase 6024253
- RSS Channel Showcase 8012928
- RSS Channel Showcase 3489941
- RSS Channel Showcase 1150162
Articles on this Page
- 11/05/13--13:26: _Jim Gray Would Be P...
- 11/06/13--13:47: _Chinese University ...
- 11/06/13--14:15: _ChronoZoom Challeng...
- 11/07/13--13:00: _Luca Cardelli: Brid...
- 11/08/13--11:43: _Tech of the Future
- 11/11/13--09:00: _Microsoft Research’...
- 11/11/13--23:00: _Bringing the Cloud ...
- 11/12/13--08:00: _Using Fuel Cells to...
- 11/13/13--09:00: _Windows Azure for R...
- 11/13/13--10:55: _Science Club for Gi...
- 11/14/13--06:52: _The Future of Micro...
- 11/14/13--07:47: _The Self-Powered Da...
- 11/14/13--14:00: _How Ideas Spread
- 11/14/13--17:00: _Symposium Celebrate...
- 11/18/13--09:00: _Advance Your Presen...
- 11/18/13--10:25: _Interactive Genomic...
- 11/18/13--12:00: _Office Remote Preview
- 11/19/13--05:00: _Learn How Microsoft...
- 11/19/13--13:40: _Grudin’s Work Cited...
- 11/20/13--10:00: _A New Tool for Teac...
- 11/05/13--13:26: Jim Gray Would Be Proud
- 11/06/13--13:47: Chinese University Presents Rashid with Special Honor
- 11/06/13--14:15: ChronoZoom Challenge: Visualize History and Win
- 11/07/13--13:00: Luca Cardelli: Bridging Industry and Academia
- 11/08/13--11:43: Tech of the Future
- 11/11/13--23:00: Bringing the Cloud to Researchers Around the World and Online
- 11/13/13--09:00: Windows Azure for Research Gets Sociable
- 11/14/13--06:52: The Future of Microsoft Research: One on One With New Boss Peter Lee
- 11/14/13--07:47: The Self-Powered Datacenter Rack
- 11/14/13--14:00: How Ideas Spread
- 11/14/13--17:00: Symposium Celebrates Research Collaborations
- 11/18/13--09:00: Advance Your Presentation with Your Phone
- 11/18/13--10:25: Interactive Genomics: Querying Genomes Across the Cloud
- 11/18/13--12:00: Office Remote Preview
- 11/19/13--13:40: Grudin’s Work Cited for ‘Lasting Impact’
- 11/20/13--10:00: A New Tool for Teaching Climate Change in the Cloud
Dr. David Lipman, director of the National Center for Biotechnology Information, has been named the recipient of the seventh annual Jim Gray eScience Award.
Rick Rashid, founder of Microsoft Research, was presented an honorary doctoral degree in Hefei, China, on Nov. 1 from the University of Science and Technology of China.
Microsoft Research Connections has launched the Microsoft ChronoZoom Visualizing Challenge, whihc offers the chance to great visualizations that use ChronoZoom data sets.
Luca Cardelli of Microsoft Research discusses his Royal Society Research Professorship, straddling the divides between industry and academia, and his current interest in computing biology.
Peter Lee, head of Microsoft Research, recently discussed up-and-coming technology in an interview with Boston's WGBH-FM.
Anoop Gupta of Microsoft Research has been named a founding member of the Global Learning Council, a collection of academic, industry, and technology leaders to improve student learning via technology.
On Nov. 11, Microsoft Research Connections announced the free, three-part Windows Azure for Research seminar series.
A Nov. 12 post on the Microsoft Data Centers Blog describes research by Microsoft’s Global Foundation Services team and Microsoft Research into using fuel cells to power data centers, resulting in cost savings and sustainability.
The Windows Azue for Research program from Microsoft Research Connections now can be accessed via LinkedIn and Twitter.
Jennifer Chayes, managing director of Microsoft Research New England, will be one of two recipients of the Catalyst Award from the Science Club for Girls, to be presented Nov. 19.
Peter Lee, head of Microsoft Research, discusses where computer science is headed and what that could mean for consumers.
Microsoft Research looks at bringing down the cost of fuel cells for datacenters so businesses can afford to take the plunge.
Duncan Watts, a principal researcher at Microsoft Research New York City, discusses how new ideas become so compelling that they are widely shared--or adopted.
Faculty members and graduate students joined representatives of Microsoft Research Asia in Hefei, China, Nov. 2 to discuss the future of data-intensive science.
Office Remote, a new Windows Phone Store app resulting from a collaboration between Microsoft Office and Microsoft Research, enables users to control their business or related presentations simply by touching the screen of a Windows Phone 8.
When combined with information from medical records, genome data can be mined for new insights into treating disease.
An intriguing new project from Microsoft hints at future cross-platform interoperability.
Mary Czerwinski and Asta Roseway of Microsoft Research are investigating “affective computing,” systems that try to identify your current mood and react accordingly.
Jonathan Grudin of Microsoft Research has been honored with the inaugural CSCW Lasting Impact Award for a paper he wrote in 1988. The award will be presented in Baltimore in February during the CSCW conference.
ChronoZoom, an open-source-community project from Microsoft Research, makes it easy to collect, present, and manage a huge amount of educational resources.