Articles on this Page
- 04/13/11--02:24: _Microsoft Research ...
- 04/13/11--09:06: _Windows Phone, Kine...
- 04/13/11--13:12: _Control the Cosmos ...
- 04/13/11--15:16: _WorldWide Telescope...
- 04/14/11--01:00: _April in Paris: Eur...
- 04/14/11--09:10: _Kinect for Windows ...
- 04/14/11--11:00: _Kinect Audio: Prepa...
- 04/14/11--16:00: _Future Business App...
- 04/15/11--11:00: _Silo: Using Hashing...
- 04/19/11--09:00: _Project Tuva: Enhan...
- 04/19/11--10:00: _Eric Horvitz Named ...
- 04/20/11--09:00: _The Sky Is No Limit...
- 04/21/11--02:27: _Video: Converting R...
- 04/21/11--10:00: _Designs with a Deep...
- 04/21/11--11:00: _Microsoft Explores ...
- 04/25/11--00:00: _Data Optimization i...
- 04/25/11--09:02: _'Amazing Experience...
- 04/25/11--09:05: _Inside Microsoft In...
- 04/26/11--12:28: _Microsoft Researche...
- 04/27/11--16:00: _Video: FUSE Labs wi...
- 04/13/11--13:12: Control the Cosmos with Your Fingers
- 04/13/11--15:16: WorldWide Telescope Lights Up with Kinect
- 04/14/11--01:00: April in Paris: European Software Focus
- 04/14/11--09:10: Kinect for Windows SDK Means Business
- 04/14/11--11:00: Kinect Audio: Preparedness Pays Off
- 04/14/11--16:00: Future Business Apps Could Use Kinect UI
- 04/15/11--11:00: Silo: Using Hashing and Delta Update to Improve Today’s Browsers
- 04/19/11--09:00: Project Tuva: Enhanced Commentary
- 04/20/11--09:00: The Sky Is No Limit: 13 Research Teams Compute in the Clouds
- 04/21/11--02:27: Video: Converting Regular Images into 3D
- 04/21/11--10:00: Designs with a Deeper Purpose
- 04/21/11--11:00: Microsoft Explores Privacy-Protecting Personalization
- 04/25/11--00:00: Data Optimization in Developing Nations
- 04/25/11--09:05: Inside Microsoft India Research Lab
- 04/26/11--12:28: Microsoft Researcher to Receive ACM SIGACT Knuth Prize
- 04/27/11--16:00: Video: FUSE Labs with Lili Cheng
FUSE Labs, part of Microsoft Research, created Project Emporia as a kind of personal Digg-like news tool that lets you tune the news you see by voting items up or down.
The April 13 keynote for MIX11 put a devices spotlight on Windows Phone, the forthcoming Kinect for Windows Beta SDK, and the availability of Microsoft Silverlight 5 beta.
What do you get when you cross a WorldWide Telescope with a Kinect motion-sensing game controller? You get the universe at your fingertips.
The WorldWide Telescope from Microsoft Research has added Kinect control, with spectacular results.
More than 200 leading lights of the European computer-science community will gather just outside Paris from April 13 to 15 for Microsoft Research’s inaugural Software Summit, designed to examine the state of software research and development.
The Kinect for Windows software-development kit will give developers tools to create applications that use motion sensing and hand gestures.
With Microsoft announcing additional details about the impending release of a non-commercial Kinect for Windows software-development kit, Ivan Tashev of Microsoft Research explains how the stellar audio functionality included in Kinect came to be.
Natural user interfaces derived from Kinect will boost productivity, says Microsoft Research.
James Mickens of Microsoft Research has introduced Silo, a framework for using hashing and delta updates to reduce dramtically the number of round trips to the server needed when loadaing a website.
Project Tuva, which presents physicist Richard Feynman’s acclaimed 1964 Messenger Lectures with enhanced interactive features, now features in-depth commentary on each video, courtesy of Robert Jaffe, Morningstar Professor of Physics at MIT.
Eric Horvitz, Microsoft distinguished scientist and principal researcher for Microsoft Research, has been named a fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences. (Scroll down alphabetical list.)
The National Science Foundation (NSF) today announced the awardees who will be funded through the collaborative cloud-computing agreement that Microsoft and NSF announced in February 2010.
Eric Stollnitz of Microsoft Research shows technology that can transform a collection of photographs into a three-dimensional scene.
Software specialist Bill Buxton of Microsoft Research wants designers to think more carefully about which innovations to pursue.
A Microsoft researcher is experimenting with ways that a web browser could tighten the limits on information provided to websites.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning could expand access to health care, improve the quality of education, and respond effectively to natural disasters in the developing world.
Later this spring, Microsoft will release a non-commercial Kinect for Windows software development kit from Microsoft Research to encourage the freedom to dream and create amazing experiences with natural user interfaces.
Many people think India as largely a centre for low skilled innovation but Microsoft Research India in Bangalore is working to change that perception.
The ACM Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory will present its 2011 Knuth Prize to Ravi Kannan of Microsoft Research India for developing influential algorithmic techniques aimed at solving long-standing computational problems.
Lili Cheng, general manager of FUSE Labs, takes viewers on a tour of her team's workspace in Redmond, Wash.