- RSS Channel Showcase 9379530
- RSS Channel Showcase 3695516
- RSS Channel Showcase 9833757
- RSS Channel Showcase 8832697
Articles on this Page
- 03/24/15--07:30: _Diversity in data s...
- 03/26/15--09:00: _Royal Society Brian...
- 03/30/15--16:00: _New free Wi-Fi pilo...
- 04/01/15--12:00: _Collaborative resea...
- 04/02/15--09:00: _Microsoft Azure hel...
- 04/02/15--17:00: _Online ads: log in,...
- 04/04/15--09:00: _Why isn't what's go...
- 04/08/15--00:00: _Kristin Lauter on c...
- 04/08/15--09:00: _Contest promotes au...
- 04/09/15--06:00: _Research moves from...
- 04/09/15--09:00: _Probabilistic progr...
- 04/13/15--15:00: _Listen to Eric Horv...
- 04/15/15--16:00: _Microsoft Office Re...
- 04/16/15--09:00: _Lab of Things helpi...
- 04/16/15--12:00: _Skype Translator: F...
- 04/17/15--06:00: _All hands, no keybo...
- 04/17/15--12:00: _Microsoft Azure hel...
- 04/20/15--10:00: _From the boardroom ...
- 04/23/15--12:00: _Microsoft and NOAA ...
- 04/29/15--11:00: _Code Hunt: Creating...
- 03/26/15--09:00: Royal Society Brian Mercer Award for Alglave
- 04/01/15--12:00: Collaborative research improves search engine speed
- 04/02/15--09:00: Microsoft Azure helps researchers predict traffic jams
- 04/02/15--17:00: Online ads: log in, tune out, turn off
- 04/04/15--09:00: Why isn't what's good For Microsoft good for the country?
- 04/08/15--00:00: Kristin Lauter on cryptography and mathematics
- 04/08/15--09:00: Contest promotes automation of machine learning
- 04/09/15--06:00: Research moves from the lab to the street
- 04/13/15--15:00: Listen to Eric Horvitz discuss big AI questions on Science Friday
- 04/16/15--09:00: Lab of Things helping seniors who live alone
- 04/16/15--12:00: Skype Translator: For these engineers, it’s personal
- 04/17/15--12:00: Microsoft Azure helps build a smart campus
- 04/29/15--11:00: Code Hunt: Creating a community with a game
Committed to increasing diversity in computer science, Microsoft Research Data Science Summer School is an eight-week effort to introduce large-scale data analysis to undergraduate students in the New York City area.
Microsoft researcher Dr. Jade Alglave has received the prestigious Royal Society Brian Mercer Award for Innovation for her work on multiprocessor technology, which led to the development of .cat, a standard verification format for hardware chips.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray today unveiled a new free Wi-Fi service at Seattle Center that uses television white-space technology developed by Microsoft Research, which taps unused television channels to provide faster Internet speeds to many more users.
Learn how a collaboration between Microsoft Research and Pohang University of Science and Technology in Korea led to faster Bing search results.
Microsoft Research has joined forces with Federal University of Minas Geraisto on the Traffic Prediction Project, designed to predict traffic jams accurately to help drivers make smart, real-time choices and provide better data to traffic planners, too.
The Financial Times highlights a study by Microsoft researchers that found animated online ads are costly both to advertisers and websites that use them. (Note: a Financial Times subscription may be required to view this story.)
Greg Satell cites Microsoft's commitment to research and subsequent successful applications such as Skype Translator as an example of how government investment can benefit America.
This interview with Microsoft researcher Kristin Lauter examines potential threats to modern security techniques and how to overcome them.
Microsoft and ChaLearn are partnering on the Automatic Machine Learning Challenge contest, with US$30,000 in prizes donated by Microsoft. More than 60 teams already have entered, with additional entry opportunities until October 15, 2015.
Joint research by Microsoft, the University of Melbourne, and the state government of Victoria used Kinect sensors to gather insights into social interactions.
Learn how large-scale probabilistic programming and Infer.NET helped intelligently solve Office 365 email clutter. "It's a new way of doing machine learning without writing algorithms," says Microsoft researcher John Winn.
Will robots outpace humans in the future? Should we set limits on artificial intelligence? Microsoft's Eric Horvitz joins other AI experts on Science Friday to discuss the questions we should ask as research on artificial intelligence progresses.
Office Remote, a collaboration between Microsoft Research and the Microsoft Office engineering team, is now available for Android. The free app lets you advance PowerPoint slides and quickly access other key Office 2013 features.
China’s Harbin Institute of Technology has launched Smart Home Technologies, a program that uses the Microsoft Research Lab of Things platform, which facilitates research involving connected devices in homes.
There’s no requirement that people working on Skype Translator speak another language, but the technology, which translates conversations in real time via video chat, has attracted people who have lived where their native language is not the only spoken.
Researchers at Microsoft have developed a system that can track -- in real time -- all the sophisticated and nuanced hand motions that people make in their everyday lives.
Researchers at the University of Science and Technology of China and Microsoft Research are using Microsoft Azure and cross-platform smartphone apps to help students navigate campus, track assignments, and more.
About 70 Microsoft researchers are traveling this week to ACM CHI 2015, the premiere conference on human-computer interaction. See what projects are highlighted, and read abstracts and download .pdfs of the papers from Microsoft researchers.
Microsoft's collaboration with the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to host weather, water, ocean, and climate data on Microsft Azure is intended to foster innovation from a rich community of researchers and other partners.
Code Hunt, a coding game launched last year as an educational tool, has since inspired competitions around the world and has become a vehicle for identifying top coding talent.