- RSS Channel Showcase 6160002
- RSS Channel Showcase 7492481
- RSS Channel Showcase 1765585
- RSS Channel Showcase 6183494
Articles on this Page
- 04/29/15--16:00: _Research teams coll...
- 04/30/15--16:00: _Microsoft (yes, Mic...
- 05/01/15--09:00: _Microsoft's Project...
- 05/01/15--16:00: _Build one of Micros...
- 05/04/15--09:00: _Advanced data encry...
- 05/06/15--10:00: _Collaborating to im...
- 05/07/15--12:00: _Microsoft Ability S...
- 05/08/15--09:00: _Open-source project...
- 05/11/15--06:00: _Watch the Microsoft...
- 05/11/15--09:00: _Tune in for the lat...
- 05/14/15--07:00: _Microsoft Hyperlaps...
- 05/15/15--09:00: _How Apple, Google, ...
- 05/18/15--09:00: _A lockbox in the cl...
- 05/19/15--06:00: _Making mobile phone...
- 05/19/15--09:00: _Microsoft issues RF...
- 05/26/15--14:00: _Keeping up with the...
- 05/27/15--06:00: _Baym updates 'Perso...
- 05/27/15--12:00: _Always Encrypted: S...
- 05/28/15--12:00: _Chain reaction of c...
- 05/28/15--13:00: _Picture this: Micro...
- 04/30/15--16:00: Microsoft (yes, Microsoft) has a far-out vision
- 05/01/15--16:00: Build one of Microsoft's crazy Holodeck rooms at home
- 05/04/15--09:00: Advanced data encryption among SQL Server 2016 top features
- 05/08/15--09:00: Open-source projects shine at workshop
- 05/11/15--09:00: Tune in for the latest on devices and networking
- 05/14/15--07:00: Microsoft Hyperlapse makes first-person videos smooth and speedy
- 05/19/15--06:00: Making mobile phones more useful, and addictive
- 05/19/15--09:00: Microsoft issues RFP for Surface Hub
Case Western Reserve University Radiology Professor Mark Griswold, speaking at Microsoft's annual Build conference, demonstrates how HoloLens can transform learning across countless subjects, including those as complex as the human body.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and other top executives, including Harry Shum and Peter Lee of Microsoft Research, discuss the development of HoloLens and other products that stem from cross-organizational collaboration, which is driving further innovation.
A set of technologies dubbed Project Oxford allow developers to create smarter apps that can do things like facial recognition and interpret natural language even if the developers are not experts in those fields.
RoomAlive, the Kinect sensor-based interactive environment created by Microsoft researchers, is now available as a free software download.
The SQL Server 2016 public preview will include "Always Encrypted," based on technology from Microsoft Research, which protects data at rest and in motion, with the encryption key residing with the application in the customers' trusted environment.
Microsoft researchers joined collaborators from multiple universities this week at the annual USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation to recommend solutions that push the architectural boundaries of network services.
Empowering people with disabilities is the driving force and goal behind Microsoft’s Ability Summit, when the company’s engineers, designers, researchers and other tech pros work to empower people with disabilities.
F*, a new higher order programming language (like those used in machine learning), and the Orleans framework (for distributed high-scale computing applications) were among the highlights from this year's IMDEA Software Institute Collaboration Workshop.
The Microsoft Research Devices and Networking Summit explores the latest developments of next-gen devices and services. The event will be streamed live from Paris, Wednesday May 13 starting at 12:30 CET/7:30 a.m. ET. Follow #DevNetSummit on Twitter.
A preview of the Microsoft Research Devices and Networking Summit highlights industry-academia collaboration and the broad range of topics covered, including next-gen Wi-Fi and the future of cloud computing. Watch live Wednesday, May 13.
Today Microsoft released Microsoft Hyperlapse, a new set of products that create smooth, stabilized time lapses from first-person videos. Learn more and download versions for Windows Phone, some Android phone models, and Windows-based PCs.
Learn how Microsoft researchers' collaboration in bioinformatics is leading to discoveries on how environmental factors like smoking affect genetic predisposition to disease and the development of new encryption methods that secure DNA data.
Microsoft researchers have created a new system called Verifiable Confidential Cloud Computing, or VC3, that keeps data stored in the cloud safe from prying eyes or malicious players even when it is being accessed to make calculations.
Microsoft research presented at MobiSys 2015, the annual conference on mobile systems, applications and services, includes reducing battery consumption, improving targeted mobile ads, and improving visible light communication for wearable devices.
Announcing an RFP that will award a Microsoft Surface Hub and up to US$25,000 to selected research proposals from qualified academic institutions. The Surface Hub is a large-format, pen and touch computing device that empowers customers to collaborate.
Atlantic contributing editor Mary Louise Kelly hosts a conversation about the future of robotics with Cynthia Breazeal, founder and chief science officer of Jibo, Inc., and Microsoft's Eric Horvitz.
Microsoft researcher Nancy Baym discusses what's new in the second edition of her acclaimed book, Personal Connections in the Digital Age, the predictability and unpredictability of technology and how we use it, and where her research is headed.
A new feature in SQL Server 2016's first public preview called Always Encrypted keeps valuable personal data such as Social Security numbers, private healthcare data or credit card information protected even when the data is being used.
Collaboration between Microsoft researchers and Osaka University on privacy issues related to location-based services such as Foursquare, Yelp and Ingress is making great strides, especially for users with mobile devices that access cloud-based services.
Microsoft researchers are at the forefront of developing technology that can automatically identify the objects in a picture, interpret what is going on and write an accurate caption explaining it.