- RSS Channel Showcase 3205302
- RSS Channel Showcase 1611570
- RSS Channel Showcase 2374101
- RSS Channel Showcase 5226686
Articles on this Page
- 08/05/15--09:00: _Core Concept: Homom...
- 08/07/15--08:00: _Privacy and accurac...
- 08/10/15--09:00: _How's the weather? ...
- 08/10/15--12:00: _Making machines spe...
- 08/13/15--09:00: _New app creates sty...
- 08/18/15--07:00: _Microsoft researche...
- 08/19/15--15:00: _Microsoft’s Albert ...
- 08/20/15--15:00: _Open source softwar...
- 08/24/15--09:00: _MobileFusion: Creat...
- 08/27/15--12:00: _Microsoft says prog...
- 08/28/15--06:00: _All that RaaS: savi...
- 08/28/15--12:00: _Microsoft extends F...
- 09/01/15--06:00: _Chris Bishop begins...
- 09/01/15--12:00: _Intimidation factor...
- 09/03/15--07:01: _Researchers make ad...
- 09/04/15--11:00: _Why Micro Datacente...
- 09/10/15--12:00: _Microsoft Student S...
- 09/11/15--12:00: _Meeting the data ch...
- 09/17/15--15:00: _Can smartphones use...
- 09/24/15--09:00: _How research suppor...
- 08/05/15--09:00: Core Concept: Homomorphic encryption
- 08/07/15--08:00: Privacy and accuracy: How Cynthia Dwork is improving data analysis
- 08/10/15--09:00: How's the weather? Using artificial intelligence for better answers
- 08/10/15--12:00: Making machines speak like people
- 08/13/15--09:00: New app creates stylized story compilations from your photos
- 08/20/15--15:00: Open source software from Microsoft for academics
- 08/24/15--09:00: MobileFusion: Create 3D scans with your mobile phone
- 08/27/15--12:00: Microsoft says programmable chips will make AI software smarter
- 08/28/15--06:00: All that RaaS: saving lives and transforming healthcare economics
- 08/28/15--12:00: Microsoft extends FPGA reach from Bing to deep learning
- 09/03/15--07:01: Researchers make advances in database security "arms race"
- 09/04/15--11:00: Why Micro Datacenters really matter to mobile's future
- 09/10/15--12:00: Microsoft Student Summer Camp embodies the hacker spirit
- 09/11/15--12:00: Meeting the data challenges of urban computing
- 09/17/15--15:00: Can smartphones use less energy to browse the web?
- 09/24/15--09:00: How research supports collaboration in the new Office
Kristin Lauter, research manager of Microsoft's Cryptography Research group whose work focuses on homomorphic encryption to help keep consumer and patient data safe, is featured in the latest PNAS Journal.
Cynthia Dwork, a cryptographer and distinguished scientist at Microsoft Research, discusses her groundbreaking work on differential privacy and how it can help researchers guarantee the accuracy of their results.
Microsoft's Ashish Kapoor and other researchers are using artificial intelligence to try to create better weather forecasts, building on previous work they did using thousands of airplanes as wind sensors.
A collaborative effort between Yonsei University and Microsoft Research not only seeks to make natural conversation between humans and machines possible, but also to create a collaborative ecosystem and to foster young computer-science researchers.
Photo Story is a new Windows Phone app that automatically selects the best photos of the day and creates a stylized video that you can easily share via email or social media.
Shotton will be honored as one of MIT Technology Review's Innovators under 35. The distinction goes to exceptionally talented young innovators whose work the editors believe has the greatest potential to transform the world.
Albert Greenberg, a distinguished engineer who works on networking development at Microsoft, this week received the 2015 ACM SIGCOMM Award for pioneering the theory and practice of operating carrier and data center networks.
Academics are invited to visit Microsoft Research's new portal for open source projects to explore the available software, use it in their classes and research, and join in adding code to make the projects better.
MobileFusion is a research project that turns ordinary mobile phones into 3D scanners without any additional hardware. The resulting 3D scans are detailed enough for 3D printing or use in augmented-reality games.
As deep learning has led to recent breakthroughs in how accurately software can recognize images and speech, new progress on a practical way to power up deep learning software even more could lead to further significant advances in artificial intelligence
The introduction of cloud computing and machine learning to health care is helping researchers identify ways to reduce hospital readmissions for chronic conditions and provide corresponding actionable guidelines for patient-provider teams.
Researchers believe success with field programmable gate arrays can be applied to accelerate deep learning approaches, including convolutional neural networks, deep belief neural networks, and recurrent neural networks.
Bishop, a Microsoft distinguished scientist who previously served as the lab's deputy managing director, takes charge of Microsoft Research Cambridge. "Our breadth is one of our great strengths," he says.
Creative Coding Through Games And Apps is a new computer science curriculum designed for teens who may not have expressed much interest in programming -- and teachers who don't necessarily have any background in the field, either.
Seny Kamara, a researcher in Microsoft's cryptography group, and his academic colleagues have figured out a way to obtain personal information from certain encrypted databases even when the databases are being protected by a promising security method.
Microsoft researcher and distinguished scientist Victor Bahl discusses the importance of Micro Datacenters, or "cloudlets," for optimizing the performance and usefulness of mobile and other networked devices via the cloud.
The camp, which marked the fifteenth anniversary of the Microsoft Student Club in China, brought together 132 students from 34 universities across the People’s Republic of China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
Learn how researchers are using Microsoft Azure's powerful processing capabilities to solve important problems facing big cities.
Microsoft researcher Yunxin Liu and a team from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology have discovered three techniques to reduce the energy consumption of web page loading on smartphones without increasing page load time.
Machine learning underlies key research contributions to Office 2016 and Office 365 from Microsoft researchers and engineers.