- RSS Channel Showcase 1980037
- RSS Channel Showcase 8583745
- RSS Channel Showcase 5569136
- RSS Channel Showcase 9223865
Articles on this Page
- 05/27/11--04:54: _TouchStudio Updated...
- 06/02/11--10:50: _Microsoft Enhances ...
- 06/07/11--11:00: _Basic Research Is A...
- 06/07/11--13:00: _Cambridge Engineers...
- 06/08/11--22:14: _Lecturer Stresses N...
- 06/09/11--01:00: _Making Arabic More ...
- 06/09/11--04:13: _VENUS-C Launches Ne...
- 06/09/11--14:00: _Chayes Honored by WEST
- 06/10/11--11:00: _BCS Announces Winne...
- 06/13/11--09:00: _From Excel to the C...
- 06/13/11--10:00: _Creative Kids Win K...
- 06/15/11--03:04: _Kinect Identity: Te...
- 06/15/11--12:00: _Hot on the Trail of...
- 06/15/11--14:52: _Let Your Eyes Do th...
- 06/15/11--17:00: _2-D Photos Spring t...
- 06/15/11--17:00: _Microsoft Research,...
- 06/16/11--09:30: _Kinect Goes Legit o...
- 06/16/11--10:21: _Research Tackles Po...
- 06/16/11--10:29: _Q&A: Details on Mic...
- 06/16/11--12:29: _Microsoft Eyes Clou...
- 05/27/11--04:54: TouchStudio Updated to 1.2
- 06/02/11--10:50: Microsoft Enhances Its Bing Streetside View
- 06/07/11--11:00: Basic Research Is About Agility
- 06/08/11--22:14: Lecturer Stresses Need for Broader Research, Discovery
- 06/09/11--01:00: Making Arabic More Accessible
- 06/09/11--04:13: VENUS-C Launches New Cloud Pilots
- 06/09/11--14:00: Chayes Honored by WEST
- 06/10/11--11:00: BCS Announces Winners of the Lovelace and Needham Awards
- 06/13/11--09:00: From Excel to the Cloud
- 06/13/11--10:00: Creative Kids Win Kodu Video-Game Design Competition
- 06/15/11--03:04: Kinect Identity: Technology and Experience
- 06/15/11--12:00: Hot on the Trail of Web Troublemakers
- 06/15/11--14:52: Let Your Eyes Do the Data Analysis
- 06/15/11--17:00: 2-D Photos Spring to 3-D Life
- 06/15/11--17:00: Microsoft Research, D.C. TechFair – Tackling Societal Challenges
- 06/16/11--10:21: Research Tackles Powering the Virtual Data Center
- 06/16/11--10:29: Q&A: Details on Microsoft’s Kinect Release for Windows
- 06/16/11--12:29: Microsoft Eyes Cloud Waste for Home Heating
TouchStudio, the app from Microsoft Research that enables users to create their own scripts and run them on their devices, has just been updated to 1.2.
Trying to find a specific location using Bing Streetside View is potentially a bit easier now, thanks to a few new tweaks from Microsoft Research.
Rick Rashid, head of Microsoft Research, tells Forbes India that pure research is not about managing ideas, but people.
A team of Microsoft Research Cambridge engineers are celebrating being announced as the winners of the £50,000 Royal Academy of Engineering MacRobert Award, for engineering a solution which saw computer giant Microsoft claim a Guinness World Record.
Dan Reed, vice president of Microsoft Research's eXtrreme Computing Group, addressed the megatrends of today as part of the Austin Forum, held in Austin, Texas.
Microsoft Research’s Cairo Microsoft Innovation Center has introduced Afkar, a set of language tools designed to give Arabic speakers new, better ways to communicate.
Organizations of all types are adopting cloud-computing technologies to gain operational effectiveness and strategic advantage in their environments, as evidenced by 15 new pilots to support the testing and deployment of the VENUS-C cloud infrastructure.
Jennifer Chayes, managing director of Microsoft Research New England, was one of four recipients of 2011 Leadership Awards presented June 8 by the organization Women Entrepreneurs in Science & Technology.
Professor Maja Pantic, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, and Dr Hermann Hauser, co-founder of Acorn Computers, have been named as recipients of the BCS Roger Needham Award and the Lovelace Medal, respectively.
The team behind Excel DataScope doesn’t think of big data as a problem—especially when the data are stored in the cloud, are readily accessible, and are as easy to manipulate as an Excel spreadsheet.
Microsoft has announced the winners of its first U.S.-based Kodu Cup, a competition for young video-game designers. The entries were created with Kodu, a kid-friendly programming language developed by Microsoft Research’s Future Social Experiences Labs.
Kinect Identity, a key component of Microsoft's Kinect for the Xbox 360, combines multiple technologies and careful user interaction design to achieve the goal of recognizing and tracking player identity.
During D.C. TechFair 2011, held in Washington, D.C., on June 15, Yinglian Xie and Fang Yu of Microsoft Research Silicon Valley explain how their work in analyzing anonymized graphs of web services can help such services avoid malicious behavior.
Interactive Information Visualization, one of the featured demos during D.C. TechFair 2011, enables users swamped with data to interact intuitively and visually.
3-D Scanning with a Regular Camera, a Microsoft Research project shown June 15 during the D.C. TechFair 2011, makes it easy for a user with a mobile phone to collect a series of shots that can be constructed into an interactive, photorealistic 3-D image.
Several cutting-edge research projects were on display June 15 during Microsoft Research's D.C. TechFair.
Microsoft Research this morning is officially expanding the Kinect motion sensor beyond its Xbox 360 game console to traditional Windows machines.
A Duke University researcher has partnered with Microsoft researchers to design a system that monitors the power needs of individual virtual machines and distributes power based on application priorities.
Microsoft Research’s Anoop Gupta discusses details about the Kinect for Windows SDK and the company’s plans for the technology.
Converting households into distributed "micro datacentres" could provide an answer to cloud providers' cooling costs but would not necessarily lower household heating bills, a Microsoft Research paper states.