- RSS Channel Showcase 9372462
- RSS Channel Showcase 7289800
- RSS Channel Showcase 3535025
- RSS Channel Showcase 5360009
Articles on this Page
- 04/13/16--08:00: _Crowdsourced health...
- 04/14/16--06:00: _Teaching computers ...
- 04/14/16--12:00: _Securing safe water...
- 04/18/16--06:00: _Welcome to the Invi...
- 04/27/16--06:00: _Horvitz receives AC...
- 04/27/16--14:00: _25 geniuses who are...
- 04/28/16--09:00: _Enhanced virtual re...
- 05/06/16--09:00: _Preventing flood di...
- 05/11/16--09:00: _The SwimTrain exerg...
- 05/11/16--10:00: _Microsoft's Jeannet...
- 05/13/16--09:00: _Two Microsoft resea...
- 05/16/16--09:00: _Announcing the winn...
- 05/18/16--12:00: _Supporting positive...
- 05/20/16--06:00: _The next phase of M...
- 05/20/16--12:00: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/23/16--06:00: _Microsoft researche...
- 05/25/16--06:00: _Latin American Facu...
- 06/02/16--13:00: _Microsoft’s Jeannet...
- 06/07/16--13:00: _How web search data...
- 06/14/16--10:00: _Firing up next-gene...
- 04/13/16--08:00: Crowdsourced health: How big data can enhance medical research
- 04/14/16--06:00: Teaching computers to describe images as people would
- 04/14/16--12:00: Securing safe water through Cortana Intelligence
- 04/18/16--06:00: Welcome to the Invisible Revolution
- 04/27/16--14:00: 25 geniuses who are creating the future of business
- 05/06/16--09:00: Preventing flood disasters with Cortana Intelligence Suite
- 05/11/16--09:00: The SwimTrain exergame makes swim workouts fun again
- 05/13/16--09:00: Two Microsoft researchers elected to National Academy of Sciences
- 05/16/16--09:00: Announcing the winners of the Microsoft Quantum Challenge
- 05/20/16--12:00: Microsoft Research receives IEEE Council honor
- 06/07/16--13:00: How web search data might help diagnose serious illness earlier
- 06/14/16--10:00: Firing up next-generation data scientists
Elad Yom-Tov demonstrates how the Internet's trove of data on how we research our own health can itself be mined for answers medical researchers otherwise have no way of getting.
Visual storytelling, a new research project using machine learning to add narrative to image collections, could potentially be used to provide richer descriptive tools for people who are blind or visually impaired.
The REACH initiative uses cloud-based Azure Machine Learning to monitor sensors in water wells in remote parts of Africa and Asia to help millions of poor people access clean water.
Learn how advances in artificial intelligence, cloud computing and machine learning have us on the cusp of a future in which technology is increasingly pervasive yet increasingly invisible
Eric Horvitz, a technical fellow and managing director of Microsoft’s Redmond, Washington, research lab, received the ACM-AAAI Allen Newell Award for groundbreaking contributions in artificial intelligence and human-computer interaction.
Microsoft speech pioneer Xuedong Huang, whose research led to Skype Translator and Cortana, is honored as one of WIRED's 25 geniuses creating the future right now.
At the premiere conference on human-computer interaction, Microsoft will present research advances that could vastly improve the way we'll use mobile devices, more easily navigate through virtual environments, and more.
Learn how Cortona Intelligence Suite is being used to help researchers, federal agencies, commercial partners, and first responders close the gap between national flood forecasting and local emergency response.
SwimTrain, a collaboration between researchers from Microsoft and the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, is an "exergame" designed to eliminate exercise boredom for swimmers who train on their own.
Jeannette M. Wing told a Senate committee that basic research plays a central role in American innovation, has led to major advances in fields including biotechnology, computer science and aerospace, and has fueled considerable economic growth.
Yuval Peres and Robert Schapire, two Microsoft researchers known for their groundbreaking achievements in their respective fields of probability theory and machine learning, have been elected to the National Academy of Sciences.
A grad student who hadn’t worked on a quantum simulator before found the tool he needed to solve a real problem and win the Quantum Challenge. Learn more about his work and how the finalists seized the opportunity to do hands-on quantum computing.
Learn how Microsoft Research and the National Center for Women & Information Technology are working with U.S. academic institutions to develop and implement initiatives that recruit and retain women in the computing and technology fields of study.
Artificial intelligence bots that read, classify, and tag every document published to the web in real time are growing the massive collection of academic knowledge, called Microsoft Academic Graph, by one million articles per week.
Citing 25 years of significant impact on software engineering research, the IEEE Computer Society Technical Council on Software Engineering has awarded Microsoft Research the 2016 TCSE Distinguished Synergy Award.
Microsoft researchers are looking at ways to better secure both the latest, cutting-edge consumer technologies and the more traditional tools that we rely on for everyday activities like accessing bank records and identifying ourselves at work.
Some 200 scholars, scientists, and researchers attended this year's Latin American Faculty Summit, which showcased advancements in AI technology while highlighting the specific quality-of-life applications of that work.
Microsoft's Jeannette M. Wing will serve as an evaluating judge for a new competition to award a $100 million grant to a single proposal designed to help solve a critical problem affecting people, places or the planet.
The potential of using engagement with search engines to predict an eventual pancreatic cancer diagnosis –- and possibly buy critical time for a medical response -- is demonstrated in a new study by Microsoft researchers.
The global Data Science Student Challenge gives students -- undergrads and graduate, computer science majors and students from other disciplines -- access to large datasets and Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, and are let loose to tackle real problems.