Articles on this Page
- 12/23/14--12:00: _New Research Brings...
- 12/26/14--18:30: _Xim Among Top Windo...
- 12/31/14--09:00: _Academia and Indust...
- 01/01/15--16:58: _The Hidden Cost of ...
- 01/02/15--13:00: _Top Feature Stories...
- 01/06/15--09:00: _Joint Lab Marks 10 ...
- 01/06/15--11:00: _Madhu Sudan Wins In...
- 01/07/15--16:00: _Microsoft is Open‐S...
- 01/08/15--09:00: _George Takei Helps ...
- 01/08/15--11:00: _Microsoft's Lamport...
- 01/12/15--11:30: _Microsoft's 'Lab of...
- 01/16/15--08:00: _This is Office Mix,...
- 01/20/15--07:00: _An MIT Professor an...
- 01/27/15--06:00: _Eric Horvitz Receiv...
- 01/27/15--08:00: _Trill Moves Big Dat...
- 01/30/15--11:00: _Microsoft's Danah B...
- 02/05/15--06:00: _Image Composite Edi...
- 02/06/15--12:00: _Richard Szeliski’s ...
- 02/09/15--08:00: _Computer model of b...
- 02/10/15--06:00: _Microsoft Researche...
- 12/26/14--18:30: Xim Among Top Windows Phone Downloads of 2014
- 01/01/15--16:58: The Hidden Cost of Annoying Ads Is Fewer Page Views
- 01/02/15--13:00: Top Feature Stories of 2014
- 01/06/15--11:00: Madhu Sudan Wins Infosys Prize 2014 in Mathematical Sciences
- 01/07/15--16:00: Microsoft is Open‐Sourcing WorldWide Telescope in 2015
- 01/08/15--09:00: George Takei Helps Launch Podcast on Microsoft Technology
- 01/08/15--11:00: Microsoft's Lamport, Horvitz Named 2014 ACM Fellows
- 01/27/15--08:00: Trill Moves Big Data Faster, by Orders of Magnitude
- 01/30/15--11:00: Microsoft's Danah Boyd on the Future of Social Media
- 02/10/15--06:00: Microsoft Researchers' Algorithm Sets ImageNet Challenge Milestone
Addressing one of the core problems in statistics and machine learning, Microsoft researchers have developed a new, more efficient algorithm that enables exact sampling, which was honored with an Outstanding Paper Award at NIPS 2014.
Xim, the popular photo-sharing app from Microsoft Research, was named one of the best apps of 2014 by USA Today.
Tsinghua University and Microsoft Research Asia have established a pioneering graduate course on Big Data Foundations and Applications, to enhance students' understanding of big data and provide an opportunity to conduct experiments using Microsoft Azure.
Could annoying ads online actually cost more -- in lost, irritated or disengaged readers -- than they’re worth? That’s the question explored in a study from Microsoft Research, to be published in an upcoming issue of the Journal of Marketing Research.
Skype Translator, a Turing Award winner, record-setting texting, and deep learning are among the topics covered in our top feature stories of 2014.
Among the numerous collaborations between Microsoft Research and major Chinese universities is a project to bridge linguistic and cultural gulfs around the world, and, potentially help preserve endangered minority languages.
Madhu Sudan, Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research New England, has been awarded the Infosys Prize 2014 in Mathematical Sciences, for his seminal contributions to probabilistically checkable proofs and error-correcting codes.
WorldWide Telescope began in 2007 led from within Microsoft Research as a unified astronomical image and data environment for exploratory research, teaching, and public outreach. Learn more about its open-source transition from the OpenWWT Consortium.
In the first Next at Microsoft podcast, a series of discussions with original thinkers, innovators and tech luminaries, George Takei shares his thoughts on technology, social media, and his recent visit to Microsoft's new innovation hub, The Garage.
Turing Award winner Leslie Lamport, a Principal Researcher, and Eric Horvitz, Distinguished Scientist and Managing Director, Microsoft Research, were named 2014 Association for Computing Machinery Fellows for innovations in computing.
With some 25 billion devices expected to be connected to the Internet by 2020, Microsoft has created an SDK called the "Lab of Things" to create an experimental platform and help spur developer interest.
Office Mix, the PowerPoint “superset” that allows users to annotate slides, add audio and video, and embed interactive elements like quizzes, began as an effort to help teachers in the classroom, but interest has grown to be much more widespread.
Microsoft researcher James Mickens says intention is key to achieving your goals, particularly for people from underrepresented communities who aspire to be computer scientists. Read the full interview at Quartz.
Upon receiving the AAAI Feigenbaum Prize, Eric Horvitz, managing director of Microsoft Research's Redmond Lab, shares some reflections on the future of artificial intelligence.
Trill, a new high-performance streaming analytics engine developed by Microsoft researchers, can process data at two to four orders of magnitude faster than today's streaming engines.
danah boyd of Microsoft Research New England discusses her unexpected career path and what led her to publish her book, "It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens."
Image Composite Editor (ICE), which uses computer vision techniques to seamlessly combine multiple pictures, now has Automatic Image Completion and a video-to-panorama feature.
Microsoft researcher and Distinguished Scientist Richard Szeliski this week received one of the highest honors accorded to an engineer -- election to the National Academy of Engineering.
The first comprehensive computer model to simulate the development of blood cells could help in the development of new treatments for leukemia and lymphoma, say researchers at the University of Cambridge and Microsoft Research.
Microsoft researchers say their computer vision system based on deep convolutional neural networks surpasses humans' ability to classify images -- the first such known achievement.