Articles on this Page
- 11/02/11--18:48: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 11/03/11--10:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 11/03/11--11:45: _Chinese University ...
- 11/04/11--10:45: _Microsoft Research ...
- 11/04/11--15:00: _Snapshots of the Fu...
- 11/04/11--16:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 11/07/11--00:00: _Digital Research Li...
- 11/08/11--09:10: _Women in Technology...
- 11/09/11--08:40: _Building a .NET Qua...
- 11/09/11--11:00: _Exploring the Ocean...
- 11/14/11--09:00: _Night at the Museum...
- 11/15/11--15:00: _A Beehive Built for...
- 11/15/11--17:00: _Microsoft’s Code Sp...
- 11/18/11--10:00: _.NET Time Series Fo...
- 11/18/11--10:14: _Google and Microsof...
- 11/22/11--07:00: _Gonthier Earns EADS...
- 11/22/11--08:05: _Unlocking Academic ...
- 11/22/11--16:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 11/23/11--09:55: _How to Say 'Fourth ...
- 11/24/11--04:00: _Interview with SIGG...
- 11/02/11--18:48: Inside Microsoft Research: Students Get Creative with Touch Mouse
- 11/03/11--10:00: Inside Microsoft Research: The Research Behind Kinect
- 11/04/11--10:45: Microsoft Research and the Kinect Effect
- 11/04/11--15:00: Snapshots of the Future
- 11/04/11--16:00: Inside Microsoft Research: Hinckley Paper Makes Lasting Impact
- 11/07/11--00:00: Digital Research Libraries Get a Boost with Latest Zentity Release
- 11/08/11--09:10: Women in Technology Hop to It in Portland
- 11/09/11--11:00: Exploring the Ocean in Our Brains with Jaron Lanier
- 11/14/11--09:00: Night at the Museum—sans Ben Stiller
- 11/15/11--15:00: A Beehive Built for Academia
- 11/18/11--10:00: .NET Time Series Foundation on Sho
- 11/18/11--10:14: Google and Microsoft Talk Artificial Intelligence
- 11/22/11--07:00: Gonthier Earns EADS Foundation Honor
- 11/22/11--08:05: Unlocking Academic Success with Frame Games for Learning
- 11/23/11--09:55: How to Say 'Fourth Paradigm' in Portuguese
University students had a field day with the Touch Mouse during the Student Innovation Contest, part of the annual Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology.
As Kinect for Xbox 360 marks its first anniversary of commercial availability, we take a moment to review a series of articles about the research that helped pave the way for the product’s success.
Chinese university students participating in the Kinect Pioneer Program have created remarkable projects using the Kinect for Windows software-development kit.
In conjunction with the first anniversary of Kinect for Xbox 360, Microsoft Research Connections continues to help spread the word about the Kinect for Windows software-development kit.
Felix, a publication of Imperial College London, takes a look into the future of technology, including the work on biological computation by Andrew Phillips of Microsoft Research Cambridge.
Ken Hinckley and co-authors from Microsoft Research Redmond have won the Lasting Impact Award from the 24th annual Symposium on User Interface and Technology, for the paper published at least 10 years ago that has been judged as deeply influential.
On October 25, Microsoft Research Connections released an update to Zentity, a repository platform designed to manage research objects—such as journal articles, reports, data sets, projects, and people—as well as the relationships among them.
From Nov 9 to 12, technology-minded women from the across the United States will participate in the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing, an annual conference that brings the research and career interests of women in computing to the forefront.
The Sequence Quality Control Studio is a Microsoft .NET software suite that performs quality-control evaluation and manipulation of sequencing DNA data for genomics research.
Jaron Lanier of Microsoft Research has spent decades thinking about technology and the ways we use – and misuse – it. He also has been thinking long and hard about using avatars to access the untapped potential of our brains.
Rob Fatland of Microsoft Research Connections discusses his recent trip to the California Academy of Sciences to demonstrate the WorldWide Telescope.
Beehive, a powerful, cost-effective multicore computer designed by Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, is helping students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology learn about computer architecture and systems design for parallel processing.
Microsoft Research has a project that could redefine the way we approach meetings. Dubbed Code Space, the project enables groups to collaborate using air and touch gestures with Kinect sensors and touchscreen devices.
A set of .NET components for time series analysis, recently made available for public download from Microsoft Research, will be of interest to NET developers who are building business-analytics, business-intelligence and data-mining applications.
Peter Norvig, Google's head of research, and Eric Horvitz, a distinguished scientist at Microsoft Research, are optimistic about the future of machine intelligence.
In Paris on Nov. 22, Georges Gonthier of Microsoft Research Cambridge was awarded the 2011 EADS Foundation Grand Prize in Computer Science.
With financial support from Microsoft Research, a research group at the Rochester Institute of Technology has developed a game that helps students earn a digital reward for collegiate success.
On Nov. 22, Georges Gonthier of Microsoft Research Cambridge collected the 2011 EADS Foundation Grand Prize in Computer Science, presented by the French Académie des sciences.
The Microsoft Research-FAPESP Institute has launched a Portuguese translation of "The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery."
Bill Buxton, a principal researcher for Microsoft Research, will be making a presentation during SIGGRAPH Asia. He recently got a chance to discuss his work.