Articles on this Page
- 05/14/12--16:00: _Podcast: Look, Comp...
- 05/15/12--11:47: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 05/16/12--13:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 05/17/12--10:00: _Kinect Imaging Lets...
- 05/18/12--09:15: _How to Replace Earl...
- 05/18/12--11:00: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/20/12--07:00: _Teens Text More tha...
- 05/21/12--09:00: _Data in the Fast Lane
- 05/21/12--11:00: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/22/12--11:42: _TouchDevelop a Hit ...
- 05/23/12--06:00: _Faculty Fellows: th...
- 05/23/12--16:00: _Microsoft Latin Ame...
- 05/24/12--11:30: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 05/25/12--09:00: _Microsoft`s F#: 10 ...
- 05/25/12--10:00: _Next Up in Kinect-S...
- 05/25/12--11:00: _Duncan Watts, Netwo...
- 05/25/12--13:19: _Summit Promotes Wom...
- 05/27/12--20:31: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 05/28/12--11:00: _Illumishare: Micros...
- 05/29/12--11:00: _The Case for a Soci...
- 05/14/12--16:00: Podcast: Look, Computer, No Hands!
- 05/17/12--10:00: Kinect Imaging Lets Surgeons Keep Their Focus
- 05/18/12--09:15: How to Replace Early Polls
- 05/18/12--11:00: Microsoft Research - Women in Computer Science: Siân Lindley
- 05/20/12--07:00: Teens Text More than Adults, but They’re Still Just Teens
- 05/21/12--09:00: Data in the Fast Lane
- 05/21/12--11:00: Microsoft Research - Women in Computer Science: Abigail Sellen
- 05/22/12--11:42: TouchDevelop a Hit with Students
- 05/23/12--06:00: Faculty Fellows: the Magnificent Seven
- 05/25/12--10:00: Next Up in Kinect-Style Motion Sensing: Ultrasound?
- 05/25/12--11:00: Duncan Watts, Network Science Pioneer
- 05/25/12--13:19: Summit Promotes Women in Computing
- 05/28/12--11:00: Illumishare: Microsoft's Networked Camera-Enabled Projector
- 05/29/12--11:00: The Case for a Social Study of Technical Departure
Microsoft hopes its SoundWave will let you interact with your PC using hand gestures in mid-air rather than on a keyboard.
Neeraj Kayal of Microsoft Research India has been named one of the recipients of the 2012 Medal for Young Scientists from the Indian National Science Academy.
Aleksander Madry and David Steurer of Microsoft Research New England have been awarded Honorable Mention awards by the Association for Computing Machinery as part of its Doctoral Dissertation Award program.
New device lets surgeons consult medical images during an operation without having to scrub out.
Microsoft Research's David Rothschild suggests a fundamental model for predicting the winners of U.S. Senate and gubernatorial races months well before Election Day.
Researcher Siân Lindley talks about her career and role at Microsoft Research Cambridge.
Debunking myths, Alice Marwick and danah boyd of Microsoft Research New England write that the core elements of high-school life are fundamentally the same as they were decades ago.
A Microsoft Research team’s data-management tool breaks a speed record in the “World Cup” of data sorting.
Abigail Sellen, a principal researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge, talks about her career and role.
On May 4-5, some University of Washington students spent 24 hours participating in the first TouchDevelop@UW Hackathon using TouchDevelop, a smartphone development environment from Microsoft Research.
Pioneering young academic researchers are recognized for their pursuits in key computer-science areas.
Technology in Action is the theme of this year's Latin American Faculty Summit, an annual event sponsored by Microsoft Research Connections.
Stephen Emmott of Microsoft Research Cambridge will join forces with renowned British stage director Katie Mitchell for Ten Billion, a “new kind of scientific lecture,” this summer at the Royal Court Theatre in London.
This slideshow explains why F#, a strongly typed, functional-first programming language, has becomne a hit with software developers.
Microsoft researchers have been developing a system called SoundWave that emits pulses in ultrasound ranges and detects Doppler-based changes to track human movements. Its creators hope their accidental discovery could improve gesture-based controls.
Duncan Watts of Microsoft Research New York City is featured in this story-video package.
The National Center for4 Women & Information Technology's 2012 Summit on Women and IT enabled leaders from education, industry, and government to explore avenues for recruiting and retaining women in IT roles.
Microsoft Research India and the Indian Institute of Science are hosting the 2012 Summer School on Distributed Algorithms, Systems, and Programming, to be held in Bangalore from May 28 to June 8.
Illumishare is an interesting hardware project underway at Microsoft Research that remotely networks video-camera-enabled overhead projectors.
Jed Brubaker, an intern at Microsoft Research New England, discusses how the social media systems and the accounts we maintain while we are alive continue to live and be used after we are gone.