Articles on this Page
- 05/31/12--09:50: _Your Phone or Mine?...
- 06/01/12--10:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 06/01/12--19:05: _Video: Virtual Worl...
- 06/04/12--03:34: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 06/04/12--06:55: _Rethinking Privacy ...
- 06/04/12--09:00: _In the Mood for Soc...
- 06/05/12--00:00: _Spotlight on Micros...
- 06/05/12--08:38: _Summit Illuminates ...
- 06/06/12--09:00: _Translation Tools C...
- 06/06/12--10:00: _Video: Microsoft Re...
- 06/06/12--16:00: _On the Road with Ch...
- 06/07/12--09:00: _Kinect Launches a S...
- 06/07/12--10:00: _Energy-Capping Syst...
- 06/09/12--17:30: _Here, Scholars Are ...
- 06/13/12--08:53: _New Research Grants...
- 06/14/12--10:08: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 06/15/12--09:00: _Inside Microsoft Re...
- 06/15/12--13:00: _The Good, the Bad, ...
- 06/18/12--11:43: _New Forum Promotes ...
- 06/19/12--10:13: _The Cloud Rains Mor...
- 05/31/12--09:50: Your Phone or Mine? Fusing Body, Touch, and Device
- 06/01/12--19:05: Video: Virtual Worlds Collide at Seattle Center Expo
- 06/04/12--06:55: Rethinking Privacy in an Era of Big Data
- 06/04/12--09:00: In the Mood for Social Media
- 06/05/12--00:00: Spotlight on Microsoft Research: Big Data and Open Science
- 06/05/12--08:38: Summit Illuminates Computer-Science Research in Latin America
- 06/06/12--09:00: Translation Tools Could Save Less-Used Languages
- 06/06/12--10:00: Video: Microsoft Research in Fight Against HIV
- 06/06/12--16:00: On the Road with ChronoZoom
- 06/07/12--09:00: Kinect Launches a Surgical Revolution
- 06/07/12--10:00: Energy-Capping System Holds Promise of Greener Data Centers
- 06/09/12--17:30: Here, Scholars Are Summer-School Students
- 06/13/12--08:53: New Research Grants Aim at Combating Human Trafficking
- 06/15/12--09:00: Inside Microsoft Research: Tony Hoare on the Turing Centenary
- 06/15/12--13:00: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly … and the Internet
- 06/18/12--11:43: New Forum Promotes Computer Science and Mathematics
- 06/19/12--10:13: The Cloud Rains More Services on Project Hawaii
Another novel use for the Kinect. Microsoft Research demonstrates that it can work out which of multiple users is interacting with a multi-user interactive touch display.
On June 2, during the Science EXPO Day of the Seattle Science Festival, Microsoft Research will demonstrate seven projects that point the way to the scientific advancements of the future.
Andy Wilson and Jonathan Fay of Microsoft Research Redmond, demonstrate projects on display June 2 during the Science EXPO Day in Seattle.
Researchers from Microsoft Research Asia have just released the Microsoft Research Face Software Development Kit, incorporating the latest in face technologies and enabling development of face-based applications for Windows Phone.
danah boyd of Microsoft Research New England discusses the tensions and anxieties created by considering privacy amid today's prevalence of big data.
Feelings affect human behavior, direct our actions, and influence our perceptions of ourselves, others, and the world around us. New research extracts emotional states from large-scale expressions of mood shared through social media.
Roland Saekow, a University of California, Berkeley project lead for ChronoZoom, on which Microsoft Research Connections is a partner, discusses the project's current status.
Microsoft Research's 2012 Latin American Faculty Summit marked the eighth gathering of computer scientists in Latin America.
Languages that aren't used online risk being left behind. New translation technology from Google and Microsoft could help them catch up.
David Heckerman, the researcher behind Microsoft’s spam-filtering system, discusses his efforts to combat HIV.
Learn how community collaboration is developing a visualization tool that enables you to zoom through time.
Microsoft Research Cambridge researcher Helena Mentis is part of a U.K. research team exploring a way for surgeons to manipulate medical images with a wave of a hand.
Microsoft researchers have unveiled a tool they believe could help minimize the amount of power used by data centers without negatively affecing business performance.
Microsoft Research India's annual summer school helps to build a critical mass of researchers to address critical subjects.
Recipients of funds have been selected for projects that investigate the role of technology in the human trafficking of minors in the United States, an effort by the Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit and Microsoft Research.
New algorithms available through the Microsoft Research Audio Video Indexing Service represent the first time a company has released a deep-neural-network-based speech-recognition algorithm commercially.
Tony Hoare, principal researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge and winner of the 1980 A.M. Turing Award, often called the Nobel Prize of computing, shares his reflections on the centenary of the birth of legendary British mathematician Alan Turing.
The Internet is not much different than everyday life, says danah boyd of Microsoft Research New England.
Fabrizio Gagliardi of Microsoft Research Connections discusses the new Heildelberg Laureate Forum, designed to bring together recipients of the Turing Award, the Abel Prize and the Fields Medal for an annual meeting with young researchers.
Project Hawaii, which extends the Windows Phone with the power of the cloud, now offers even more cloud services.