- RSS Channel Showcase 6106325
- RSS Channel Showcase 9497398
- RSS Channel Showcase 7887962
- RSS Channel Showcase 8734632
Articles on this Page
- 05/29/15--09:00: _LiveLabs: Testing t...
- 06/05/15--09:00: _Exposing young peop...
- 06/08/15--09:00: _Microsoft researche...
- 06/10/15--06:00: _Project Premonition...
- 06/10/15--09:00: _Project Premonition...
- 06/11/15--10:30: _Microsoft researche...
- 06/11/15--15:00: _Microsoft can forec...
- 06/11/15--18:30: _Microsoft researche...
- 06/16/15--09:00: _Z3 wins 2015 ACM SI...
- 06/16/15--10:00: _Using and improving...
- 06/18/15--09:00: _The high-tech resea...
- 06/19/15--08:00: _Microsoft's Jeannet...
- 06/19/15--13:00: _Award-winning theor...
- 06/24/15--12:00: _Ranking NBA draft p...
- 06/25/15--09:00: _Innovation from the...
- 06/26/15--09:00: _Announcing the Micr...
- 06/26/15--12:00: _NASA's taking Micro...
- 06/29/15--09:00: _Top student researc...
- 06/30/15--13:00: _The world of wearab...
- 07/01/15--00:00: _Don Syme, developer...
- 05/29/15--09:00: LiveLabs: Testing the usefulness of mobile data
- 06/05/15--09:00: Exposing young people to linguistics
- 06/11/15--10:30: Microsoft researchers tie for best image captioning technology
- 06/16/15--09:00: Z3 wins 2015 ACM SIGPLAN Award
- 06/24/15--12:00: Ranking NBA draft prospects according to wisdom of the crowd
- 06/25/15--09:00: Innovation from the ground up and into the cloud
- 06/26/15--09:00: Announcing the Microsoft Academic Graph: Let the research begin!
- 06/26/15--12:00: NASA's taking Microsoft's HoloLens to the space station
- 06/29/15--09:00: Top student research recognized at ACM banquet
- 06/30/15--13:00: The world of wearables: Microsoft Band and whole-body computing
Researchers at Singapore Management University are collaborating with Microsoft on LiveLabs, a test-bed in-situ, real-time experimentation of mobile applications and services that require context-specific triggers.
Researcher Monojit Choudhury says Microsoft's fundamental research on natural language processing, speech-to-speech, and automated translation drives its partnership in the annual International Linguistics Olympiad for high school students.
Read a summary and download papers on advancements in deep learning presented by Microsoft researchers at the 28th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) in Boston.
Microsoft researchers are collaborating with academic partners across multiple disciplines to develop a system that aims to detect infectious disease outbreaks before they become widespread.
Experts within Microsoft Research from hardware prototyping, software development and machine learning are joining with experts at universities in public health, genetics, computer science, mosquito-trap design and aeronautics to combat disease.
Microsoft and Google tied for first place in the recent MS COCO Image Captioning Challenge 2015, considered the basis for more sophisticated artificial intelligence systems that can see, hear, speak and even understand.
Using cloud power and data imported from China Meteorological Administration monitoring stations, the system developed by Microsoft Research Asia can tell the air quality level in a 300-kilometer area and with even two days in advance.
Johannes Kopf, a Microsoft researcher who specializes in computer graphics and was key to the development of Microsoft Hyperlapse, has been awarded the 2015 ACM SIGGRAPH Significant New Researcher Award.
Microsoft Research's Z3 theorem prover received the 2015 ACM SIGPLAN Programming Languages Software Award for "a system that has had a lasting influence, reflected in contributions to concepts, in commercial acceptance, or both."
Microsoft researcher Drew Purves and AccuWeather Vice President Jon Porter dive deep into predictive analytics in the fourth episode of the Next at Microsoft podcast series.
Two tools developed by Microsoft Research, Trill and Tempe, enable groups like the Halo team to very quickly analyze large amounts of real-time customer data for any unusual activity and identify and fix bugs that may be causing those abnormalities.
Jeannette Wing, a Microsoft corporate vice president, will receive the Association for Computing Machinery's distinguished service award, recognizing her as "a leader who has transformed the way the world views computing."
Microsoft researcher Vasilis Syrgkanis and two colleagues this week unveiled a new approach to understanding and optimizing online bidding and auctions, with implications far beyond the online advertising marketplace in which their study was based.
Microsoft researchers Justin Rao and David Rothschild detail their approach to determining the best prospects in this year's NBA draft.
Among the highlights celebrating the first anniversary of the Microsoft Research–Lomonosov MSU Joint Research Center in Russia were events on cloud computing for research.
The Microsoft Academic Graph is available for download, allowing researchers "to study the structure of scientific knowledge, build better algorithms for mapping the ever-expanding corpus and improving information retrieval."
The NASA Sidekick program will use Microsoft's HoloLens as a tool to allow NASA ground control to peer over the shoulders of NASA engineers.
The ACM Student Research Competition, sponsored by Microsoft Research, offers a unique forum for undergraduate and graduate students to present their original research before a panel of judges and attendees at well-known ACM-sponsored conferences.
In the latest Next at Microsoft podcast, Desney Tan and Amish Patel discuss wearable technology (such as the Microsoft Band) and whole-body computing.
Don Syme, a principal researcher in Microsoft's Cambridge, U.K. lab, was honored for his contributions to the engineering community, including .NET Generics and his many other contributions that benefit programmers and computer users worldwide.