- RSS Channel Showcase 7863139
- RSS Channel Showcase 4885262
- RSS Channel Showcase 6276265
- RSS Channel Showcase 1894613
Articles on this Page
- 04/28/11--10:00: _Windows Phone 7: A ...
- 05/02/11--11:00: _At Microsoft, Futur...
- 05/03/11--10:00: _Talking to the Wall
- 05/03/11--15:00: _Lamport Elected as ...
- 05/09/11--04:47: _Microsoft Cambridge...
- 05/09/11--08:45: _CHI ’11: Enhancing ...
- 05/09/11--10:00: _Academics Must Be P...
- 05/09/11--11:00: _Back to the Past: B...
- 05/09/11--11:01: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/09/11--14:00: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/09/11--14:28: _Distracted Driving:...
- 05/09/11--15:33: _Do Teens of the Fac...
- 05/09/11--18:30: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/10/11--01:48: _Secretary of State ...
- 05/10/11--02:16: _Microsoft Backs U.K...
- 05/10/11--10:51: _The Tech Archive: B...
- 05/10/11--13:00: _Dan Reed, Microsoft...
- 05/10/11--13:55: _Microsoft Research ...
- 05/11/11--10:00: _Hold that Call, and...
- 05/11/11--11:00: _Bryan Parno Wins AC...
- 04/28/11--10:00: Windows Phone 7: A Better Keyboard
- 05/02/11--11:00: At Microsoft, Future Growth Rides on Research, Innovation
- 05/03/11--10:00: Talking to the Wall
- 05/03/11--15:00: Lamport Elected as Member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences
- 05/09/11--04:47: Microsoft Cambridge Computer Engineer Wins Top Honour
- 05/09/11--08:45: CHI ’11: Enhancing the Human Condition
- 05/09/11--10:00: Academics Must Be Part of the Data Revolution, Says Tony Hey
- 05/09/11--11:00: Back to the Past: Bill Buxton Shows Off 35 Years of Tech Devices
- 05/09/11--11:01: Microsoft Research Team Tries to Keep Drivers Focused on the Road
- 05/09/11--14:28: Distracted Driving: An Answer Perhaps?
- 05/09/11--15:33: Do Teens of the Facebook Generation Value Privacy?
- 05/09/11--18:30: Microsoft Research Publishes New Paper on Knowledge Discovery
- 05/10/11--02:16: Microsoft Backs U.K. Computing Museum
- 05/10/11--10:51: The Tech Archive: Buxton’s Collection
- 05/10/11--13:55: Microsoft Research Pushes 'Engkoo' Translation App for Windows Phone
- 05/11/11--10:00: Hold that Call, and Focus on the Road
Microsoft Research scientists collaborated with the Windows Phone 7 team to create a virtual keyboard that helps users type more accurately.
Research at Microsoft has a strong emphasis on advancing what it calls the consumerization of IT. That approach helps it come up with new product releases and add capabilities to existing ones.
An experimental interface from Microsoft turns any wall into an interactive surface.
Leslie Lamport, principal researcher at Microsoft Research Redmond, was named May 3 as one of 72 new members and 18 new foreign associates of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
Chris Bishop of Microsoft Research has been awarded the 2011 Rooke Medal by the Royal Academy of Engineering for his “persistent drive” in engaging members of the public in the vital work of engineers and their contribution to society.
From May 7 to 12 in Vancouver, British Columbia, CHI 2011 presents new research in human-computer interaction that uses a diversity of technologies and disciplines to connect people, cultures, experiences, and ideas.
Professor Tony Hey will urge academics to take part in the technology revolution geared toward solving the world’s problems when he speaks at the University of Southampton on 12 May.
Microsoft Research’s Bill Buxton has unboxed, unearthed, and organized his personal collection of interactive tech devices gathered over the last 35 years. The collection will be on display at an international interaction design conference this week.
Scientists at Microsoft Research are exploring how computer-based systems can enhance drivers’ safety.
Hrvoje Benko, a researcher at Microsoft, is working on methods of recognizing shapes formed by hands and equating those with spatially consistent gestures.
Eric Horvitz, a scientist at Microsoft Research, and three collaborators provide evidence that a properly designed computer assistant could do a lot to reduce distracted-driving accidents.
A study from Microsoft Research New England show that young people value privacy, but they have different expectations of what is public within social media.
Mohammad Raza of Microsoft Research Cambridge has published a new paper that features a social-networking approach to knowledge discovery.
The state of Georgia has announced the launch of a website that provides instant access to nine years of audio and video recordings of the Georgia General Assembly, part of a trial partnership with Microsoft Research.
Microsoft Research has joined Red Gate Software and ARM to spearhead the foundation of a new, world-class Cambridge Computing History Museum.
An online vintage-gadget collection belonging to Bill Buxton of Microsoft Research demonstrates that for every good design, there's at least a dozen concepts that didn't catch on.
Dan Reed, who heads the eXtreme Computing Group within Microsoft Research, helps Microsoft look into the future and question its assumptions about the nature of computing.
Engkoo, a new dictionary app that is used on Bing in China for translation, now can be available in your pocket:
A Microsoft Research system that automatically puts drivers on hold while they negotiate hazards could save lives.
Bryan Parno of Microsoft Research has been named the winner of the Association for Computing Machinery's 2010 Doctoral Dissertation Award.